This Green Pepper Salad Recipe is perfect for serving during the summer months. Mix it with other fresh produce from your garden such as tomatoes, cucumbers and spinach for a delicious treat. The peppers are tasty and crunch. To make this salad more colorful use a variety of color peppers. This is one of my favorite salads packed with nutrition. Makes a great salad to take to work for your lunch.
- Start with a layer of baby spinach.
- Add a layer of sliced cucumbers and radishes evenly spaced in a circle pattern.
- Next, add a layer of green pepper.
- Place slices of a hard-boiled egg around the salad.
- Add red tomato slices.
- Next sprinkle on some diced red cabbage, pecans and black olives.
- Fresh Green Peppers
- Fresh Baby Spinach
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Black Olives
- Carrot Slices
- Red Cabbage
- Cucumber Slices
- Sliced Radishes
- Hard Boiled Egg
Fresh peppers mixed with these ingredients are tasty enough that you don’t even need to add a dressing.
A Green Pepper is also referred to as a Bell Pepper or Jon’s head. A green pepper turns colors as it ripens. You can find them in a yellow, orange and red color. As the color changes so does the sweetness of the pepper. Green peppers are less sweeter than yellow and so on. It is also interesting to note that the red peppers have more vitamins and nutrients than the green peppers.
How to Slice a Pepper
Select a firm pepper with a shiny skin without blemishes or wrinkles. Wash the pepper thoroughly before slicing.
There are several different ways that you can use to slice a pepper. Choose the best method that works for you.
- Take a sharp knife and cut off the top and bottom of the pepper.
- Save the ends and use them for diced peppers.
- Slice one side of the pepper, then open the pepper and carefully use your knife to remove the seeds and core.
- Cut the pepper in half and lay flat on a cutting board, then slice the pepper in either long strips (Julienne) or wedge shapes.
- With a sharp knife cut off the top of the pepper.
- Slice the pepper skin from the top to the bottom to remove the core. (See Video)
- Cut the pepper into your favorite shape.
Video: How to Slice a Pepper
Peppers should be stored dry, unwashed in the refrigerator.