One of our favorite quick and easy suppers is a ready-to-eat rotisserie chicken from our local Piggly Wiggly grocery store. We serve it with a few fresh vegetables for a delicious fun meal. Often this leaves us with some leftover chicken and we have found that creating this awesome salad the next day is a real treat. Use last night’s leftover rotisserie chicken for the main topping on this salad.
Quick and Easy Directions
- Wash all of the fresh produce ingredients before prepping them.
- Slice, dice and cut your veggies into bite size pieces.
- Mix the red cabbage, spinach, leaf lettuce and kale in a large bowl.
- Place a layer of the mixed greens on the bottom of your salad plate.
- Next, add a layer of cauliflower. Notice how the white of the cauliflower contrasts against the green.
- Layer and arrange your other ingredients.
- Note: Substitute any of these ingredients for what you have in available.
- The Chicken can also be substituted for leftover Thanksgiving Turkey.
- Fresh Baby Spinach
- Fresh leaf lettuce
- Fresh Kale
- Red Cabbage
- Cauliflower Flowerets
- Fresh Cucumber
- Fresh Green Onions
- Hard Boiled Egg
- Leftover Rotisserie Chicken
- Add your favorite nuts and seeds to taste.
Homemade Oil and Vinegar Dressing
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Freshly Ground Black Peppercorn
- Raw Wild Natural Honey
We use a recycled plastic honey bottle to mix our Vinegar and Oil dressing. It makes a perfect container to pour the dressing evenly on the salad. If you don’t have a special bottle for your dressing you can mix it in a bowl and spoon it over your salad.